Wake up. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Sounds like your routine lately? You’re not alone, and that should give you a bit of comfort. These exceptional circumstances have forced us to spend our days at home—some while working, some while having distance learning.
But to keep sickness at bay, it’s important to include healthy habits in your daily routine. Thanks to the Internet, you can find hundreds of workout videos and resources to stay healthy in the confines of your house.
Here are three ways to stay healthy while you’re stuck at home.
1. Do regular home workouts.
To improve your fitness and reduce your risk of disease, the World Health Organization recommends 150 minutes of exercise throughout the week. This goal is not as intimidating as it sounds. You can start with smaller, achievable goals like setting aside 30 minutes, 5 days a week for your workout routine.
Below are ways to stay fit at home, with a list of studios and websites offering workout videos you can sweat out to.
● Burn calories with no-equipment exercises and full-body workouts? Check out:
● To improve your flexibility, balance, and muscle strength with yoga, check out:
● To get your heart pumping with a fun dance workout, check out:
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
You’ve heard this advice hundreds of times by now, but it’s especially worth bringing up now given the current situation. A balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables can strengthen your immune system.
Of course, you can make healthy cooking and eating fun! You can find great recipes here:
3. Get 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
A lack of sleep can induce or worsen your feelings of anxiety and stress, which is the last thing you want right now. Also, poor sleep can impair your immune system and increase your risk of getting sick.
Here are practical ways to improve your sleep:
● Take time to unwind an hour before going to sleep.
● Get out of bed the same time every morning. Regular wake-up times lead to regular sleep times.
● Avoid activities like watching TV, eating, or discussing the day’s problems in your bedroom.
For good measure, stay home as much as you can for now. You can order essential goods online from your favorite merchant, and Entrego can deliver these essential goods to you from these online merchants. If you are a merchant yourself, please contact myEntrego team to use our service.