It's important to stay informed about the developments during this time, but it’s also important (perhaps even more so) to make time for things that will help us make the most of our days. Now that all our summer plans have been put on hold, there are ways to still feel like our days are fruitful and rewarding.
Fortunately, the various options are right at our fingertips. All we have to do is go online to access resources for entertainment, education, lessons, and more! Here are a few you might want to check out:
· Be a culture vulture. Museums worldwide offer virtual tours and online exhibitions that you can check out while plopped on the couch in your pajamas. These include the Louvre Museum and Musee d’Orsay in Paris, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Locally, Intramuros can also be explored virtually, as well as the Ayala Museum which also offers printable coloring pages you can work on at home.
· Work on your health and wellness. No gym, no problem! There are various local wellness classes that make workout-from-home possible. Barre 3 Philippines instructors offer free online classes every now and then, while Yoga with Cassandra has many videos you can easily follow. Care for some meditation? Ten Percent Happier has some podcasts and guided meditation videos especially curated dealing with the current situation.
· Sharpen your creative skills. Both Skillshare and Udemy offer a variety of classes from animation to entrepreneurship, game design to languages. While many come at a price, there are also free classes and trials that you can check out. Explore which ones spark your interest, and if you feel there are some worth shelling out money for, you can go ahead and do so.
· Manage your money. Now’s a good time to revisit your financial plans and see if you’re on track, then make changes as needed. For guidance and some insights, you can watch Ted Talks videos on the topic, or head over to The Bright Millennial on Facebook for some practical tips.
· Watch virtual concerts. Various artists have been performing live right from their own homes either to support a fundraising effort or simply as an act of solidarity for those of us in quarantine. Enjoy these performances which are now available online. Local acts include (among others) Ben & Ben and Moonstar 88, while foreign artists include Chris Martin, John Legend, Vance Joy, and Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello.
Consider these as forms of self-care. After all, if we are in good health physically and mentally, then we are in a good position to help out others.
You can now choose to stay home and order essential goods online from your favorite merchant. Entrego delivers essential goods from online merchants. If you are a merchant yourself, please contact myEntrego team to use our service.
Let's do what we can to be well both physically and mentally. Keep safe!