To provide support through the efficient management of the company resources/assets, workflow, processes and procedures leading to a successful, well-balanced environment within the supply chain. He/she will do the daily coordination for the purchase of supplies or services ensuring full compliance to the company’s P2P standards and regulatory requirements.
- Search for potential vendors/suppliers including evaluation of vendors and negotiate for rates and proposals and identify the most profitable offers.
- Maintain good relationship with key suppliers and ensure that goods and services of high quality are delivered on time.
- Work out the logistical details including delivery amount and timeframe for delivery.
- Maintain and review purchasing records and use them as basis for negotiations.
- Align with the requestor’s budget and coordinate with the requesting department for clear understanding of the required specifications.
- Perform proposal comparison (canvass sheet) prior PO preparation, to obtain the most efficient proposal in terms of cost, quality and leadtime.
- Understand the supplier’s existing distribution channels.
- Support the bulk ordering program of the team.
- Source for suppliers who serve the local market to potentially reduce the time and cost of sending orders from the central procurement unit.
- Conduct spend analysis for the assigned material category and locations.
- Continue to source for suppliers offering reasonable price without compromising the desired quality.
- Assess requestors’ needs prior coordinating with vendors/suppliers for rates and proposal. Request for information for products and services to gather more information to help in decision making.
- Liaise with the Inventory Controller to ensure that orders arrived on time and in good condition.
- Update internal database with order details (for accreditation, renewal, changes, blocking) that will be used for spend analysis.
- Observe procurement cycle time and ensure details, specifications and leadtime are met.
- Ensure appropriate approval are obtained – copy department user budget & PR approval, canvass sheet approval, Purchase Order approval.
- Coordinate with Health & Safety and Security for any protocols and requirements required for possible product safety requirements (e.g. request for petroleum products, CCTV requirements, etc.)
- Adhere and comply with approval matrix – (PR approval, Canvass Sheet preparation, vendor creation, P.O. conversion, etc.)
- Compliance to reporting requirements specifically the PO recording and monitoring where orders are broken down into specific item and location.
- Ensure that no deliveries will be requested without any issued P.O.
- College/University Graduate with an appropriate management courses and qualifications
- Experience in relevant Finance and/or Administration area
- Knowledge in Procurement and Purchasing processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for next steps. Rest assured that your application is kept in our active pool for reference.